Computed Tomography (CT)
Computed Tomography Equipment Technology for OEMs
Analogic has been at the forefront of developments in computed tomography equipment technology from the introduction of the first single-slice CT system in 1975 to today’s multi-slice volumetric CT scanners, able to image the entire heart between beats, in a single rotation. Today, our subsystems are used in approximately half of the world’s CT scanners installed in major medical facilities around the world.
Our CT Technology Portfolio Includes:
Integrated CT Systems – A more highly integrated system is the ideal solution for customized standalone CT and multi-modality applications.
- Our value-added integration capabilities provide our customers with a significantly reduced time to market.
- Scope of work is driven by specific customer requirements.
PowerLink™ – Scalable, next-generation, non-contact power, control, and data transfer architecture. Provides practical advantages that include:
- Improved reliability
- Reduced maintenance
- Significant gantry space savings
- Enables dose reduction; dose modulation for cardiac applications; and kV modulation for dual-energy enhanced imaging applications.
Data Management Systems – Advanced detectors + DASs (data acquisition systems)
- The brains of the CT system, the DMS converts X-ray energy to digital signals for image reconstruction.
- Our 16- and 64-slice DMSs provide our OEM customers with a higher level of system integration, reducing their costs and time to market.
- We also develop CT subsystems for innovative multi-modality applications, including radiotherapy and nuclear imaging.