TSA Awards Analogic $4 Million Base Contract for Further Development of CT Checkpoint Screening Technology
Contract Includes the Acquisition of Multiple ConneCT Units for Demonstration and Trial
PEABODY, Mass., Nov. 02, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Analogic Corporation (Nasdaq:ALOG), enabling the world’s medical imaging and aviation security technology, today announced that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has awarded it a base contract valued at approximately $4 million for a 12-month development phase and 24 months of prototype warranty, with options for additional ConneCT™ prototypes and warranty for a period of 24 months at the TSA’s discretion.
Under this contract, Analogic will develop advanced threat detection algorithms that will be used in Analogic’s ConneCT aviation checkpoint CT system.
“We have a long history supporting U.S. aviation security, and this contract will be instrumental in bringing the benefits of Analogic CT technology and the ConneCT solution to airports in the United States,” said Fred Parks, president and CEO. “We are honored to receive this contract, which represents the next step toward CT technology taking a predominant place at airport checkpoints to improve security, airport efficiency and passenger satisfaction.”
Analogic represents the gold standard in imaging and detection for both airports and hospitals and is the recognized leader in CT technology, enabling approximately one thousand systems deployed in airports around the world for checked baggage and tens of thousands of medical imaging systems in hospitals globally.
“TSA is regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on security technology, so we view this contract as an important milestone and achievement as we launch the ConneCT,” said Jim Ryan, senior vice president and general manager, security detection and power technologies. “Most of all, this is a tribute to the incredible talent and hard work of our engineering teams.”
Analogic engineered the ConneCT from the ground up for carry-on baggage screening, with differentiated features including:
- Superior 3D image quality, critical to security and checkpoint efficiency, that helps screeners find threats faster, avoids false alarms and makes automated threat detection easier.
- Reliability that leverages multiple innovations that have a significant impact on operating costs. It features a unique no-bearing gantry and non-contact power system that reduces moving parts, increases reliability, and eliminates brush dust and consumable brushes.
- An airport-friendly design that belongs in today’s world-class airports. ConneCT’s footprint is comparable to current multi-view X-ray systems, making upgrades easy for airports while its gull-wing covers and modular components allow for easy access during servicing. In addition, ConneCT is designed to work seamlessly with all major Automated Screening Lane (ASL) and remote checkpoint screening solution providers.
- Next-Generation Operator Interface that minimizes training and incorporates touch screen capabilities found on smartphones and tablets, and an additional surface rendering for easier shape recognition and faster alarm resolution.
- An interoperable network architecture designed for the 21st century networking environment that features a new software architecture and modern software applications to enable security, interoperability, and use of third party software applications.
From Analogic’s perspective, together, these differentiators provide a lower total cost of ownership and offer a superior return on investment for airports everywhere.
ConneCT recently achieved Transportation Security Lab (TSL) certification for TSA’s Second Generation Advanced Technology (AT-2) X-Ray System Security Detection Standard Requirements for Tier II detection, as well as ECAC Standard C2 in Europe. For more information, please visit www.analogic.com/connect
About Analogic — Celebrating 50 Years of Imaging Innovation
Analogic (Nasdaq:ALOG) provides leading-edge healthcare and security technology solutions to advance the practice of medicine and save lives. We are recognized around the world for advanced imaging and real-time guidance technologies used for disease diagnosis and treatment as well as for automated threat detection. Our market-leading ultrasound systems, led by our flagship BK Ultrasound brand, used in procedure-driven markets such as urology, surgery, and point-of-care, are sold to clinical practitioners around the world. Our advanced imaging technologies are also used in computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and digital mammography systems, as well as automated threat detection systems for aviation security. Analogic is headquartered just north of Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.analogic.com.
Analogic and the globe logo are registered trademarks of Analogic Corporation. ConneCT is a trademark of Analogic Corporation.
For Further Information: Investor Contact: Mark Namaroff Sr. Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications (978) 326-4058 email@example.com Media Contact: Jennifer Webb Coltrin & Associates, Inc. (212) 221-1616 Jennifer_webb@coltrin.com