Analogic Achieves ECAC Standard C2 for Its Next-Generation Cabin Baggage Screening Solution, ConneCT
The Ideal Solution for Today’s World-Class Airports, ConneCT Offers Superior Return on Investment, Getting Passengers Through Security Faster and Safer at a Lower Cost per Passenger
PEABODY, Mass., Sept. 21, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Analogic Corporation (Nasdaq:ALOG), enabling the world’s medical imaging and aviation security technology, today announced its next-generation CT scanning solution for cabin baggage, ConneCT™, has achieved the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) C2 standard for Explosive Detection Systems (EDS) at airport checkpoints. This represents a key milestone for Analogic, as the ECAC standard is followed by most international regulators and will allow international airports to purchase and deploy ConneCT.
Analogic’s ConneCT is designed specifically for cabin baggage screening to speed passenger throughput and reduce or eliminate the need for divestment of personal electronic devices, a key advantage for airports working to meet the needs and demands of increasing passenger volumes and emerging security threats.
“This news represents a significant step toward bringing state-of-the-art CT technology to airport checkpoints around the world,” said Jim Ryan, Analogic senior vice president, security systems. “With current technology at the end of its life cycle, ConneCT’s open network architecture and advanced imaging provides the added capability of responding to new threats. It’s the right time for CT technology and for ConneCT, giving today’s world-class airports a world-class security solution that will keep the traveling public safer than ever before while speeding throughput and minimizing divestment.”
Analogic represents the gold standard in imaging and detection for both airports and hospitals as the recognized leader in CT technology with approximately one thousand systems deployed in airports around the world for checked baggage.
ConneCT is the culmination of years of research and development, designed and engineered from the ground up for cabin baggage scanning with differentiated features including:
- Superior 3D image quality, critical to security and checkpoint efficiency that helps screeners find threats faster, avoids false alarms and makes automated threat detection easier.
- Reliability that leverages multiple innovations that have a significant impact on operating costs featuring a unique no-bearing gantry and non-contact power system that reduces moving parts, increases reliability, and eliminates brush dust and consumable brushes.
- An airport-friendly design that belongs in today’s world class airports. ConneCT’s footprint is comparable to current multi-view x-ray detector systems, making upgrades easy for airports while its gull-wing covers and modular components allow for easy access during servicing. In addition, ConneCT is designed to work seamlessly with all major Automated Screening Lane (ASL) and remote checkpoint screening solution providers.
- Next-Generation Operator Interface that minimizes training and incorporates touch screen capabilities found on smartphones and tablets, and an additional surface rendering for easier shape recognition and faster alarm resolution.
- An interoperable network architecture, designed for the 21st century networking environment that features a new software architecture, and modern software applications to enable security, interoperability, and use of third party software applications.
Together, these differentiators provide a lower total cost of ownership and offer a superior return on investment for airports everywhere.
“No other aviation security firm can match Analogic’s track record of innovation in CT technology,” said Mark Laustra, vice president, global business development and government relations for Analogic. “By choosing Analogic, airports can avoid the ‘growing pains’ of using less advanced solutions, and instead enjoy the benefits of a next-generation system.”
Recently, American Airlines, the world’s largest airline, announced a multi-unit purchase of Analogic’s ConneCT, signifying the industry’s commitment to CT technology. In addition to achieving ECAC standard C2, Analogic recently announced it achieved TSA AT2 certification in the United States.
For more information, please visit www.analogic.com.
About Analogic — Celebrating 50 Years of Imaging Innovation
Analogic (Nasdaq:ALOG) provides leading-edge healthcare and security technology solutions to advance the practice of medicine and save lives. We are recognized around the world for advanced imaging and real-time guidance technologies used for disease diagnosis and treatment as well as for automated threat detection. Our market-leading ultrasound systems, led by our flagship BK Ultrasound brand, used in procedure-driven markets such as urology, surgery, and point-of-care, are sold to clinical practitioners around the world. Our advanced imaging technologies are also used in computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and digital mammography systems, as well as automated threat detection systems for aviation security. Analogic is headquartered just north of Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.analogic.com.
Analogic and the globe logo are registered trademarks of Analogic Corporation. ConneCT is a trademark of Analogic Corporation.
For Further Information:
Sr. Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Coltrin & Associates, Inc.