Keeps Passengers Moving through Airport Security Checkpoints with the Highest Level of Threat Protection Currently Available
Airline passengers continue to be vulnerable to threats in carry-on bags as terrorists develop new weapons and explosive devices that are increasingly difficult to identify.
The 2-D X-ray explosive detection systems currently in use are limited in the kinds of threats they can detect and how consistently they can detect them. A more sophisticated, 3-D imaging solution is available today with Analogic’s COBRA® checkpoint CT systems.
Using our proprietary 3-D Continuous-Flow CT technology, the COBRA advanced detection systems are proven to identify hidden threats with high precision and reliability, while lowering false-alarm rates and increasing passenger throughput.
- COBRA – for aviation security checkpoints and other high-threat facilities
- COBRA DualUse – for both checkpoint and checked-baggage applications at small and medium-sized airports
After scanning more than 3 million bags and other carry-on items, TSA field test data indicates that Cobra systems:
- Enable throughput of up to 300 passengers per hour
- Reduce divestiture time by 25%
- Eliminate 80% of rescans
- Reduce the number of bags requiring a secondary search
- Deliver operational availability in excess of 99%