Cutting-edge CT Technology, Optimized for the Checkpoint
The COBRA® CT System precisely scans baggage and carry-on items at airport security checkpoints and other high-threat facilities to detect explosives, weapons, and other prohibited items. Our advanced, proprietary, 3-D Continuous-Flow CT technology enables the essential combination of high throughput, superior detection, and low false-alarm rates critical to detecting an ever-changing variety of threats.
The COBRA weapons detection system is far superior to 2-D X-ray systems used at airport checkpoints today. The COBRA:
- Provides 360-degree rotational views of the entire contents of a bag
- Detects a variety of threats automatically
- Has an 80 cm tunnel opening for large bags
- Generates high-resolution, 3-D color images of bag and bin contents in real time
- Uses a comprehensive suite of image analysis tools
- Features an automatic bin return system (BRS) that saves time and labor
After scanning more than 3 million bags and other carry-on items, TSA field test data proves that the COBRA advanced detection systems:
- Enables throughput of up to 300 passengers and up to 550 bags or bins per hour
- Reduces divestiture time by 25% to 40%
- Eliminates 80% of rescans
- Decreases the number of bags requiring a secondary search
- Delivers operational availability in excess of 99%
COBRA has been awarded a Certificate of SAFETY Act Designation by the United States Department of Homeland Security.